Case Management is a consumer driven service that empowers older people and their families with assistance in accessing or coordinating services to keep older individuals in their home.
- Assessing needs, (including the physical, psychological and social needs of the individual);
- Developing service plans, (such as hospital discharge plans);
- Coordination and monitoring service delivery, (including coordination and monitoring to ensure that services specified in the plan are being provided);
- Providing follow-up and reassessment;
- In accordance with the wishes of the older individual, advocacy for needed services or resources.