Food & Nutrition

Food & Nutrition

Food and Nutrition Banner

Our Locations

Community Action Partnership food banks are located in Bonners Ferry, Coeur d’Alene, Kellogg, St. Maries, and Lewiston. Income-qualified people living in CAP’s service area can access nutrition services through these food banks and/or through linkages to other community feeding programs in their communities.


Weekly Donated Perishable Items

CAP food banks provide a clearinghouse program where perishable food items such as breads, deli items, salads, milk and other dairy products, pastries, fruits, vegetables and fresh produce may be available once per week. This program is designed to help stretch food dollars and food stamps on a regular basis.


Quarterly Household Food Boxes

CAP food banks also provide a food box program available for individuals and families who are in need of food assistance.   Food boxes typically provide approximately enough food items to make three meals a day for one week. These non- perishable food items are donated through food drives, by groups, individuals, churches, and are purchased with donated dollars. Food banks may purchase milk, eggs and meat when funding is available to supplement donations and provide a complete, nutritional food box.


Rural Food Pantry Services

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) is managed by Community Action Partnership food banks in Coeur d’Alene and Lewiston. Commodities are supplied to food pantries in all of the counties of northern Idaho. Food banks and food pantries throughout CAP’s 10-county service area in Idaho may become “emergency feeding organizations” eligible to receive TEFAP commodities to be distributed in their local communities.

Household eligibility is based on income. 

Volunteer Program

Community Action Partnership food banks rely on volunteers to help with daily operation of our nutrition programs. Contact your local Community Action Partnership food bank to learn how you can impact hunger in your community by volunteering.

USDA Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. Email: program.intake@usda.gov

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.